You are here
Home » House Manager Safety Speech
House Manager Safety Speech
The House Manager must make a public announcement on stage or over a public address microphone, with the house lights on, prior to the beginning of each show. This speech must include the following:
- Note the locations of all of the exits that can be used to exit the theater in the event of an emergency. Point these exits out as their locations are described.
- Smoking is not permitted in the audience or adjacent exit ways.
- In the event of an emergency, please exit in an orderly manner, and gather at (describe evacuation location) until emergency responders arrive.
- Please, turn-off your cell phones and other noise making devices. Even texting can be disruptive to the performers and fellow patrons.
- If copyright protected: Note that photography, videos, or recordings of any kind are not permitted.
- If Strobe Lights are used: Note that strobe lights are used in (note location in performance).